Do you have a child who is hopelessly unorganized? Can never find their pack packs, folders or soccer cleats? Oftentimes these kids are not just disorganized with their belongings but also with their thoughts. These are the kids who have difficulty starting projects and once they’ve started them, often lack what it takes to complete them. You may be interested to know that there is a name for this type of disorganization – executive function – or in this case a lack of executive function skills.
In this class, you will learn:
- what executive function is and how it develops
- signs of executive function weakness
- myths about kids (and adults) with executive function weakness
- how executive function weaknesses can affect learning and academics, behavior and emotions, and social skills and relationships
- targeted strategies to help kids learn to organize their time, thoughts, and belongings
- strategies to help kids learn to prioritize tasks
- strategies to help kids learn how to mange their time management
- strategies to help kids learn self-control
- and strategies to help kids develop better social skills
You can pay an executive function coach to teach these things to your kids or you can learn to teach them yourself!
This course includes:
- online video instruction (1 hour and 40 minutes!)
- a downloadable audio file
- a printable pdf outline for easier note-taking
- a list of relevant links and resources
- printable SQ3R method for increasing self-awareness while reading
- printable COPS method for increasing self-awareness while writing
Here’s How It All Works
Once you purchase a course, you will create a login username and password so that you can have access to the course (or courses) at any time.
This online course comes to you in both video and audio formats. All courses include a printable outline for note-taking and a downloadable audio recording of the class. You can listen any time, anywhere (and your spouse can listen too.)
We are also offering support in a private Facebook group for class attendees only.
I know what it is like to be overwhelmed with the task of raising and educating kids with executive function weaknesses, so I want to make this simple. My goal is to make your learning as easy and efficient as possible. That is why each course is delivered in a multimedia format. Watch and learn from your computer, or download the audio version to your tablet or phone.
You’ll receive audio MP3s, PDF outlines, links to resources and access to small group encouragement. This course is based on research-based methods of teaching kids with executive function weaknesses and a plethora of my own unique, personal experience.
This is an opportunity for you to learn what has taken me many years to learn – how to teach your seemingly hopelessly unorganized kids so that they can learn and thrive with tips and strategies along the way.
You could use trial and error to learn what this class will teach you or you can sign up and learn strategies to help your kids get more organized today!