Save money buy purchasing our complete library of 11 parent education courses:
Course 1: Understanding Dyslexia: Learn to more fully understand the many facets of the dyslexic mind, understand how dyslexics learn, be aware of other areas affected by dyslexia, and better understand and nurture the inherent strengths of the dyslexic mind.
Course 2: Teach Them How They Learn: From legal issues to emotional issues, from curriculum to accommodations, this course will teach you how to establish a nurturing homeschool environment where your dyslexic kids can be themselves and be taught the way that they learn best.
Course 3: Reading Instruction That Works: Understand the research about dyslexia so you can evaluate the myriads of programs, supplements and services that are offered to parents of dyslexics. Learn how to find and evaluate reading programs, curricula, or other services to fit your family’s needs. Learn about ‘alternative’ treatments and therapies. Do they work? How can we know?
Course 4: Building Fluency and Comprehension: Learn what reading fluency is and how it develops, how fluency affects comprehension, 9 of the most effective, research-based methods for increasing reading fluency, and easy-to-implement methods to enhance your child’s reading comprehension at home.
Course 5: Teaching Spelling from Remediation to Accommodation: In this course you will learn why people with dyslexia struggle with spelling, the best methods for teaching spelling, the power of studying morphology and etymology with your dyslexic students, 3 simple ways to teach morphology to your students, the best accommodations for students with dyslexia, and how to balance accommodations with remediation.
Course 6: Executive Function: Teaching Your Dyslexic Kids to Organize Their Thoughts, Personal Space, and Time. In this course you will learn what executive function is and how it develops, signs of executive function weakness, myths about kids (and adults) with executive function weakness, how executive function weaknesses can affect learning and academics, behavior and emotions, and social skills and relationships, targeted strategies to help kids learn to organize their time, thoughts, and belongings, strategies to help kids learn to prioritize tasks, manage their time, develop better self-control, and develop better social skills.
Course 7: Teaching Handwriting to Kids With Dysgraphia: Find the help your child with dysgraphia needs by learning what dysgraphia is, what causes dysgraphia, and learn proven methods for teaching, and mastering handwriting.
Course 8: Teaching Math to Kids With Dyscalculia: Find the help your child with dyscalculia needs. In this online parent course you will learn why some kids struggle unexpectedly with math, what signs you may be seeing, the four underlying weaknesses that kids with dyscalculia have and the connection between dyslexia and dyscalculia and other learning difficulties, simple teaching strategies and effective activities that can be done at home to help all students develop better math sense.
Course 9: Auditory Processing and How it Affects Learning:
- What auditory processing is and what Auditory Processing Disorder is
- How weaknesses in auditory processing affects learning, communication, social skills, and everyday life skills
- Specific types of auditory processing issues
- Signs of Auditory Processing Disorder in both in academic and real life situations
- How Auditory Processing Disorder is diagnosed
- The connection between Auditory Processing Disorder and other learning struggles like Dyslexia and ADHD
- Treatments for Auditory Processing Disorder
- Strategies for helping kids with Auditory Processing Disorder
- Best accommodations for Auditory Processing Disorder
- Assistive technology that helps with Auditory Processing Disorder
Course 10: Visual Processing and How it Affects Learning:
- To understand what processing issues are
- The definition of Visual Processing Disorder
- The 8 areas of visual processing weakness that impact Visual Processing Disorder
- How to know if your child’s issues are vision-based or a processing issue
- How to get a diagnosis
- Symptoms and Signs of visual processing issues
- Treatments for Visual Processing Disorder
- Types of therapies and interventions to help kids with visual processing weaknesses
- Tons of activities for building visual processing skills
- Best accommodations for kids with Visual Processing Disorder
- Best assistive technology for Visual Processing Disorder
Course 11: Working Memory and How it Affects Learning:
- What working memory is
- What working memory weaknesses are and how they affect learning
- How working memory develops
- What causes working memory weakness (and what doesn’t)
- Signs of working memory weakness
- The connection between low working memory and other learning struggles like ADHD, dyslexia, and processing disorders
- How working memory affects learning
- How to test for working memory ability
- How to help kids with working memory weaknesses
- Accommodations that help with weak working memory
- Assistive technology for working memory
- Strategies for boosting memory and encouraging deeper understanding
All courses include:
- online video instruction
- a downloadable audio file
- a printable pdf outline for easier note-taking
- a list of relevant links and resources mentioned in each course
Here’s How It All Works
Once you purchase a course, you will create a login username and password so that you can have access to the course (or courses) at any time.
This online course comes to you in both video and audio formats. All courses include a printable outline for note taking and a downloadable audio recording of the class. You can listen any time, anywhere (and your spouse can listen too.)
We are also offering support in a private Facebook group for class attendees only.
My goal with these online parent courses is to make your learning as easy and efficient as possible. That is why each course is delivered in a multimedia format. Watch and learn from your computer, or download the audio version to your tablet or phone.
Benefits of our Parent Courses
You’ll receive MP3s, PDF outlines, links to resources and access to small group encouragement. This course is based on research-based methods of teaching kids with working memory weaknesses and a plethora of my own unique, personal experience.
I look at these courses as an opportunity for you to learn what has taken me many years to learn – how to teach struggling kids so that they can learn and thrive with tips and strategies along the way.
You could use trial and error to learn what this class will teach you or you can sign up and get started on the right path to helping your kids with working memory weaknesses today!
There are no reviews yet.