Do you have a child who finds it hard to follow spoken directions, especially multi-step directions? Do have they have trouble ‘getting’ jokes or riddles or other figurative language such as metaphors and similes? Do they have trouble remembering what was read or heard? It may be due to a weakness in auditory processing – also called Auditory Processing Disorder.
In this online parent course, you will learn:
- What auditory processing is and what Auditory Processing Disorder is
- How weaknesses in auditory processing affects learning, communication, social skills, and everyday life skills
- Specific types of auditory processing issues
- Signs of Auditory Processing Disorder in both in academic and real life situations
- How Auditory Processing Disorder is diagnosed
- The connection between Auditory Processing Disorder and other learning struggles like Dyslexia and ADHD
- Treatments for Auditory Processing Disorder
- Strategies for helping kids with Auditory Processing Disorder
- Best accommodations for Auditory Processing Disorder
- Assistive technology that helps with Auditory Processing Disorder
This course includes:
- online video instruction
- a downloadable audio file
- a printable pdf outline for easier note-taking
- a list of relevant Auditory Processing links and resources mentioned in the course
Here’s How It All Works
Once you purchase a course, you will create a login username and password so that you can have access to the course (or courses) at any time.
This online course comes to you in both video and audio formats. All courses include a printable outline for note taking and a downloadable audio recording of the class. You can listen any time, anywhere (and your spouse can listen too.)
We are also offering support in a private Facebook group for class attendees only.
My goal with these online parent courses is to make your learning as easy and efficient as possible. That is why each course is delivered in a multimedia format. Watch and learn from your computer, or download the audio version to your tablet or phone.
Benefits of our Parent Courses
You’ll receive MP3s, PDF outlines, links to resources and access to small group encouragement. This course is based on research-based methods of teaching kids with auditory processing weaknesses and a plethora of my own unique, personal experience.
I look at these courses as an opportunity for you to learn what has taken me many years to learn – how to teach struggling kids so that they can learn and thrive with tips and strategies along the way.
You could use trial and error to learn what this class will teach you or you can sign up and get started on the right path to helping your kids with auditory processing weaknesses today!