Homeschooling With Dyslexia: How To Teach Them So They Learn
So you’ve decided to homeschool your kids with dyslexia. Fantastic! Now what?
It is true, at this point in time, that the public schools are for the most part not meeting the needs of the dyslexic student. The reason is that teachers, including reading specialists, are taught little or nothing about dyslexia, let alone how to teach the dyslexic student.
In Course One, Understanding Dyslexia, you learned about how dyslexics learn and why homeschooling provides the best environment for bright, dyslexic kids to learn. By tapping in to the many dyslexic strengths, kids with dyslexia can learn and thrive.
In Course Two will talk about what that looks like.
From legal issues to emotional issues, from curriculum to accommodations, this course will teach you how to establish a nurturing homeschool environment where your dyslexic kids can be themselves and be taught the way that they learn best.
In Course Two of the Parent Dyslexia Training Courses you will learn:
- Making the decision to homeschool, including how to answer any critics that insist that the schools are the educational experts.
- The truth about the state of special education in our public schools.
- Common emotional issues for parents and kids and how to overcome them.
- How to get started homeschooling; including legalities and finding local support.
- Tips on finding and modifying homeschool curriculum for the dyslexic student.
- Teaching methods, including how to balance accommodations and remediations.
- When to get help in the form of diagnostic testing and educational therapy.
- Strategies for getting it all done.
Here’s How It All Works
This training course comes to you in both video and audio formats that are simple and downloadable. The course includes a printable outline for note taking and a downloadable audio recording of the class. You can listen any time, anywhere (and your spouse can listen too.)
We are also offering support in a private Facebook group for class attendees only.
I know what it is like to be overwhelmed with the task of raising and educating dyslexic kids, so I want to make this simple. My goal is to make your learning as easy and efficient as possible.
That is why each course is delivered in a multimedia format. Watch and learn from your computer, or download the audio version to your iPad or iPhone.
You’ll receive MP3s, PDF summaries, links to resources and access to small group encouragement.
This course is based on research-based methods of teaching dyslexics and a plethora of my own unique, personal experience. This is an opportunity for you to learn what has taken me many years to learn – how to teach dyslexic kids so that they can learn and thrive with tips and strategies along the way.
You could buy the top 10 dyslexia books and use trial and error to learn what this class will teach you or you can sign up and get started on the right path today
There are no reviews yet.