Do you have a child who has trouble remembering facts and procedures such as new vocabulary or mathematical procedures? Do they have trouble following directions despite repeated instructions? Do they have difficulty starting work and staying on task? Do they frequently loose track of belongings? It may be a working memory weakness.
In this online parent course you will learn:
- What working memory is
- What working memory weaknesses are and how they affect learning
- How working memory develops
- What causes working memory weakness (and what doesn’t)
- Signs of working memory weakness
- The connection between low working memory and other learning struggles like ADHD, dyslexia, and processing disorders
- How working memory affects learning
- How to test for working memory ability
- How to help kids with working memory weaknesses
- Accommodations that help with weak working memory
- Assistive technology for working memory
- Strategies for boosting memory and encouraging deeper understanding
This course includes:
- online video instruction
- a downloadable audio file
- a printable pdf outline for easier note-taking
- a list of relevant Auditory Processing links and resources mentioned in the course
Here’s How It All Works
Once you purchase a course, you will create a login username and password so that you can have access to the course (or courses) at any time.
This online course comes to you in both video and audio formats. All courses include a printable outline for note taking and a downloadable audio recording of the class. You can listen any time, anywhere (and your spouse can listen too.)
We are also offering support in a private Facebook group for class attendees only.
My goal with these online parent courses is to make your learning as easy and efficient as possible. That is why each course is delivered in a multimedia format. Watch and learn from your computer, or download the audio version to your tablet or phone.
Benefits of our Parent Courses
You’ll receive MP3s, PDF outlines, links to resources and access to small group encouragement. This course is based on research-based methods of teaching kids with working memory weaknesses and a plethora of my own unique, personal experience.
I look at these courses as an opportunity for you to learn what has taken me many years to learn – how to teach struggling kids so that they can learn and thrive with tips and strategies along the way.
You could use trial and error to learn what this class will teach you or you can sign up and get started on the right path to helping your kids with working memory weaknesses today!