In these courses you will learn about:
1. Learning Expectations. How brain development AND language-based learning difficulties like dyslexia affect learning. Kids with dyslexia learn differently and on a different timetable and that is 100% normal! In this session, you will learn what to expect and how to accommodate your child’s learning differences so your teaching is way more meaningful and effective.
2. Teaching Needs and Methods. This session builds on session 1 by sharing what methods of teaching best match up to our kids’ unique learning needs. Kids who learn differently need to be taught differently!
3. Overcoming Learning Obstacles. In this session, you will learn about 5 of the most common obstacles parents experience when homeschooling their kids with dyslexia and ADHD. You will leave this session with an arsenal of tools and strategies to overcome even the most persistent homeschool struggles.
Topics covered are:
- Not having enough time in the day
- Worrying that your kids are behind
- Handling kids who are resistant to learning
- Shut down or perfectionist learners
- Focus and attention issues
4. Putting it all Together. This session is like a mini planning retreat that you can do on your own and at your own pace. Here you will put together everything you have learned to choose the things to prioritize in your unique home and homeschool for the coming term.
This is course is completely online and immediately available after purchase. Get started learning today!
- Four 30-40 minute teaching videos
- Note-taking pages
- Links to resources and curriculum
- Access to my Homeschool Assessment and Planning Workbook